Here’s how to pick the best bathing suit to get you out
by the pool or beach.
Congratulations! You are finally taking a relaxing vacation to a sunny tropical spot. All you need to pack are a few shorts or pants a couple of tops and a bathing suit.
Cue the music for “Jaws” when the young woman is swimming in the ocean, as the thought of finding and wearing a bathing suit may cause equal amounts of dread and fear, as well as some blood-curdling screams.
Relax a while and let me give you a few tips on how to pick the best bathing suit for you and get you back in the water, or at least be able to lie down on a lounge chair. I want you to enjoy your time in the sun in style and comfort.
Seven Tips on How To Pick The Best Bathing Suit:
- Do not try on suits that are the same size as your clothes. Please don’t ask me why, but swimwear sizes do not correspond with clothing sizes. Women need to try one to two sizes up for a flattering and comfortable fit.
- Choose a suit in a color that compliments you. And FYI: Avoid white, especially if you plan on getting wet. White suits will always become see-through.
- Highlight your smaller parts with lighter colors and camouflage your somewhat larger parts with darker colors. I use this trick to minimize what I consume at the all you can eat at buffet tables and the few too many Pina Coladas.
See Photos above
- Watch your back. No, really take a look and see if the shape of your back is pushing over the edge of your bathing suit. If it is, go for a style with a higher back so more of you is held in.
- Of course, you wish you had a smaller waistline, so look for suits that have shirring in the middle. The fabric gathering is a great way to disguise muffin tops and tummy poufs.
- Tuck, lift, and suck. Tuck, lift, and suck. Repeat this mantra each time you put on your suit. Tuck in your breasts, lift up your rear so it is in the bathing suit versus hanging out around the edges, and suck in your stomach when you walk to or get up from your lounge chair.
- Never underestimate or abuse the power of the cover-up. A simple lightweight tank dress or oversized shirt is far more flattering than shorts and a t-shirt and fits so well with pool or beach surroundings.
If the mere idea of wearing a bathing suit still causes you flashes of terror, I have heard Alaska is a lovely place to visit.
Don’t Give Up – Go here & Sign Up to Get More Styling and Shopping Tips.
Scarlett De Bease, a professionally trained Image Consultant and Wardrobe Stylist, is the founder of “The Always Know What To Wear Program™“. As an Image Consultant, Entertaining Speaker & Savvy Personal Shopper, she shows women how to project confidence & success by always knowing what to wear.
As a bonus, Scarlett’s tips will help you Look Younger, Thinner, and Taller while projecting Confidence & Success as you now will be wearing the clothes that fit and flatter you the most.
Since 2006, she has successfully changed the lives of many women, by showing them the correct clothes, colors, styles, and accessories that will flatter them the most. If you keep buying clothes and still have nothing to wear, Scarlett will make it possible for you to always know what to wear.
Scarlett specializes in make-overs, that are fun and informative. She brings The What Not To Wear experience directly to your home or office, but without the tears, fears, and trash can. Scarlett shows women how to Stop Stressing About Dressing.
Scarlett’s tips have nothing to do with size, age, income level, career, etc – It’s not about where you shop, it’s about what you buy.