What’s Wrong With This Outfit?
So, what’s wrong with this outfit?
I asked that question to my Stop Stressing About Dressing private group on FaceBook, and although most were not a fan of this titled “Power Outfit”, nobody was able to point out why it isn’t flattering on this model.
Here’s why this outfit is NOT right for her and likely you:
- Her arms are very long, and these sleeves are way too short for her which makes her look like the jacket is too small for her.
- She needs to wear a top under this jacket or wear a jacket that buttons up higher as the open neckline is way out of proportion for her shape and height.
- Lose the socks!! Why oh why did the stylist put white socks on her??? They visually chop up her legs and make them look too thin. Yes, legs can look too thin.
- The shoes without socks are barely ok, but sandals would have been so much better.
- Large pockets on the hips rarely flatter anyone…even a thin model.
- Either shorter shorts, ankle, or full-length pants would be much more flattering for her proportions.
- This very dull color diminishes her beautiful coloring and features.
The details that make an outfit or piece of clothing work, or not, for each woman vary greatly. Here is a tall, thin, and beautiful woman in an outfit that makes her look like she’s wearing somebody else’s ill-fitting clothes and takes away from her beauty.
Proof, that thin is NEVER the reason why clothes don’t look as great on you as you think they would.
Learning which clothes look good on YOU is how to
go from feeling insecure to feeling and looking confident.
Knowing what colors, cut, styling details, and fit work for YOU is how to not buy or wear clothes that make you feel unattractive, frumpy, and unprofessional.
Speaking of fit, let’s find out if working together is the
right fit for us both.
Go here to find out.