Holiday Shopping Tips
Shopping does not have to be stressful, painful or expensive during the holiday season or any other time of year.
Here are my tips to save you money, time and your sanity.
1. Enroll in Ebates and shop thru the their website. Each retailer offers a percentage of your purchase to be sent back to you via Ebates. So far, I have earned over $500 in Cash Back, which I would not have earned if I shopped directly at a store’s website.
2. Shop early in the day. Many stores open as early as 8am after Thanksgiving. Macy’s is opening at 7am on Saturday November 29. It is heaven to shop for yourself and others on your list, when most shoppers won’t show up till 10am. The merchandise is neat and the salespeople are still friendly and calm.
Bonus: As you are leaving totally delighted with your peaceful shopping experience, you get to see the faces of harried and hurried shoppers looking miserable and Scrooge-like.
3. Keep your list on your phone and on paper. Better safe than sorry, so be modern and traditional.
4. Keep receipts to get price adjustment if within two weeks from purchase date. I believe that we should NEVER lose the opportunity to save money, so keep your receipts on you and be ready to show them to the sales person, in the event you see the price of what you bought has been lowered.
5. Take advantage of all the sales to fill some gaps in your own wardrobe. Perhaps a new pair of boots, dress, jacket, etc. No longer do you have to wait till after Christmas Day to get a bargain.
This year, Shop Small Saturday is November 29. Truthfully we should really shop small businesses every day of the year. Consider supporting your local business and independent stores.
FYI, just so happens that I too am a small business and often provide Gift Certificates for a variety of my wardrobe styling services for some very much loved women. Husbands, and wives, love requests to receive my services as gifts, because they are so tired of hearing their wives complain about having nothing to wear. Sound familiar?
“I absolutely LOVED my Skype consultation with Scarlett! My previous photoshoot was a disaster and I didn’t like my pictures. This time I was determined to give it my best. I hired Scarlett to help me choose the right clothes and accessories. I was tired of having closet full of stuff that looked great in the store, but not so much on me. Scarlett came to the call prepared. She reviewed the pictures I sent her and had incredibly helpful tips for me on how to dress, what colors and styles suit me well. She even created a WishList on an online store to show me what types of clothing might look good at me. Scarlett transformed my life. She not only helped me feel like a superstar during my photoshoot, but gave me confidence to walk away from clothes that don’t compliment me and focus on styles and colors that will make me look and feel great. Thank you Scarlett for turning my photoshoot into a success and teaching me how to be a confident shopper! I highly recommend Scarlett as a personal stylist for any professional woman who is looking to dress for success and look stunning at all times.” Silvia Pencak
Copyright © Scarlett Image™., All Rights Reserved. THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.