Fall is almost here, and soon you’ll need some layers to keep you warm.
Take a look at 5 of the clothes shopping tips I recently gave to Bedford Magazine for their fall issue.
- Change stores: If you keep saying you have nothing to wear, it’s time to try another store.
- Buy color. See which colors make your eyes sparkle and your skin look healthy. Don’t keep hiding in black.
- Go for fit not size. You will get compliments when wearing clothes that fit the body you have – not the one you used to have or wish you had. Trust me, I know all about that.
- Step Back From The Rack. People tend to buy more of what they already have. Try on clothes that do not look like something already hanging in your closet
- Don’t Be A Slave To What’s “In” Even if it is the color of the season, or the pant of the year, if the clothes do not work for your coloring or body type, they are NOT for you. It can be very aging when you try to follow a trend, regardless of whether it fits your body.
Just pick one tip to try, and I bet you’ll be happily surprised. If you need help, you know who to call, right?