6 Easy Ways To Look Thinner With Clothes
Here’s How to Look Thinner with Clothes
Sometimes, actually pretty much always, it’s the small styling detail that makes a big difference and one of today’s tips is all about corners.
So now that you saw and heard me tell you to avoid squared corners I’m going to slightly contradict myself as you can see here in this before and after of my wonderful client wearing a squared corner jacket in her after photo.
She’s wearing an outfit I created using the clothes she purchased from our shopping trip, where I must say I found some incredible deals and fabulous wardrobe building pieces for her.
And yes, her new jacket has squared corners and here’s why it and everything else she’s wearing is perfect on her and will make all of us look thinner with clothes:
- This jacket is meant only to be worn open on her and since it hangs straight down it’s an instant middle minimizer.
- The bracelet sleeve length is another secret, shhh, way to minimize the middle and visually lengthen the body.
- Full vs ankle-length pants are typically more slimming.
- Wearing a top under a jacket untucked.
- This neckline is much more flattering on her than the low and wide one in her before outfit.
- Wearing the same color from top to bottom is always a slimming and lengthening trick yet this after outfit proves you don’t have to be in only dark colors from head to toe to look slimmer and stylish.
These are all great examples of how small tweaks transform an outfit and when you know what to look for.
About Scarlett: I’m not a Fashionista but am a personal stylist and shopper with a passion for helping you love how you look with the body you have right now.
I work with women of all shapes and sizes both in-person and virtually. I can take you shopping or create a fabulous outfit from what you already own. And we have a whole lot of fun doing it!
The best way to get to know me is to sign-up for my twice-monthly newsletter, Scarlett Says, for fun, practical style tips you can actually use!
When you do, I’ll share with you my fun 5-day video series — End Your Closet Shame. That’s right, we’re going to work together to clean out your closet so you don’t feel overwhelmed, embarrassed, or stressed every morning when it’s time to get dressed. Who wants to start their day that way? I want you smiling as you head out your front door with places to go, people to meet, and things to do. Let’s do this!
Sign me up for Scarlett Says today.