Lately I’m all about the back. Ever since I tried on a dress on that was a tiny bit snug, and turned around to see what my daughter was laughing at. There in the mirror was my reflection of what looked like some mighty fine breast implants, but they were on the wrong side of my body. I had back cleavage, and laughed along with my daughter who at that point, was practically rolling on the floor.
I regret to this day that I did not photograph my impressive back monstrosities and I am convinced that my front cleavage was quite jealous of the competition behind her.
Now it’s time to learn what to do: Remember that back fat is common, but can be contained and or minimized when following these tips:
1. Go up one size if you get back cleavage in a dress, bathing suit, or exercise top.
2. Shorten the straps and take in any spot that needs to be adjusted for a perfect fit.
3. If you are broad shouldered, have back fat or both, then only wear wide straps and avoid racer back styles at all costs. They are very good at creating quite disturbing looking back cleavage.
4. Get a professional bra fitting. The wrong size or ill fitting bra, can create oodles of puddles and accentuate or create back cleavage and back fat.
5. Always look at what is happening behind you and have a sense of humor about all the directions our bodies can go into when wearing the wrong clothes and lingerie. It is NEVER the fault of your shape, but rather the wrong clothes for your body.
Get the facts you need to stop stressing about dressing with my virtual Style Consultation.
Scarlett De Bease, a professionally trained Image Consultant and Wardrobe Stylist, is the founder of “The Always Know What To Wear Program™“. As an Image Consultant, Entertaining Speaker & Savvy Personal Shopper, she shows women how to project confidence & success by always knowing what to wear. As a bonus, Scarlett’s tips will help you Look Younger, Thinner and Taller while projecting Confidence & Success as you now will be wearing the clothes that fit and flatter you the most. Since 2006, she has successfully changed the lives of many women, by showing them the correct clothes, colors, styles and accessories that will flatter them the most. If you keep buying clothes and still have nothing to wear, Scarlett will make it possible for you to always know what to wear. Scarlett specializes in make-overs, that are fun and informative. She brings The What Not To Wear experience directly to your home or office, but without the tears, fears and trash can. Scarlett shows women how to Stop Stressing About Dressing. Scarlett’s tips have nothing to do with size, age, income level, career, etc – It’s not about where you shop, it’s about what you buy.