There are real sales, great sales, and fake sales. Personally, I love the really great sales and, as all my clients know, there isn’t a sales rack out there that I haven’t scoured to find a great deal.
Avoid falling for the sneaky trap that some retailers offer. Usually, a sign on top of the rack showing the original price and then what their ‘special’ sale prices are for that day, is merchandise that was bought and priced to be sold at the lower price, so you are not getting a deal at all, trust me on this.
So what are the best ways to shop sales? Here are 5 Ways To Shop Sales and Save Money:
1. Browse the stores you like before they have a sale, so you know what you like and the original price the items sold at before they get marked down.
2. Don’t get overwhelmed at the multiple racks of deals. Focus on what styles, labels, and colors look best on you. Do Not focus on the price! A bargain is
no bargain when it is not right for you, no matter how inexpensive it may now be.
3. Keep your receipts, and if the items you purchased get marked down within two weeks of being purchased, most stores will credit you the difference.
4. Ask stores like Bloomingdales, Macy’s, and Lord & Taylor if they have any coupons for you to use towards your purchases. Often the salespeople are very
generous with what they have hidden in their drawers.
5. The days after Christmas are a bargain hunter’s delight. That sweater that was not right for one woman, is perfect for you and truly now is 30 to 50% off
Always get a price check on an item at this time of year, as often the sales people are too busy to place the reduced price on the ticket, and you might miss
out on a deal if you don’t ask for them to scan the tag. Take advantage of the After Christmas Sales!!
Scarlett’s insight & knowledge of color choices, jewelry shapes and neckline styles has helped me create a successful system for my wardrobe. Her approachability & understanding of my concerns was key for my choosing her to be my stylist. From conference rooms & classes to client consultations, I now have more confidence & “curb appeal!” Thank you Scarlett!
—Margaret Ann Innis – Decorate To Sell
Copyright © 2019 Scarlett Image™., All Rights Reserved
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.